Our Lady's, Terenure
TY: What's on Next Week
18 Dec 2020
Well done to our fantastic carolers on Monday who have spread wonderful Christmas cheer to our local nursing homes. The members of the various nursing homes are grateful that you are thinking of them during the Christmas season.
Congratulations to all our students on completing their exams and well done all on engaging diligently with the various courses today. Please see some pictures attached.
Please see some notices for the week ahead.
1. Monday is a Virtual Reality workshop. Schedule and rooms are posted on the google classroom and full details will be outlined in PasCare on Monday. TY hoodies are permitted as this is a TY event.
2. If any student has signed up to the second term of DCU, please remind your daughter to let Ms. Phillips know.
3. On the google classroom there are two google forms which must be complete prior to Friday 8th of January. These relate to one week or work experience, and one week of community care. Similar to last time there are three sections, placement confirmed, waiting for confirmation (and then email Ms. Phillips when confirmed), and I have no placement and will be attending the alternative in school.
If any parents or relatives are interested in speaking during our work experience week please see the app notice from Tuesday with all details of how to get involved outlined.
4. Tuesday is the Darkness in to Light Colours Day Fundraiser. A reminder for your daughter to bring in €5 in aid of Pieta house, and the theme for TYs is 'Christmas Songs'. There will be house points going for the best dressed, and some bonus house points going for those who incorporate their house colours.
5. Reminder that all raffle tickets, sold and unsold, and any collected money must be returned to school by Monday 08:30 latest. They can be dropped to reception.
6. Please note due to the 2 day week next week, the usual Friday notice is moved to Tuesday. There is a workshop on the 6th of January and lots of module changes so please make sure your daughter reads all the information on the google classroom for a smooth return to school in January.